Jan. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Double Eagle Petroleum Co. (NASDAQ: DBLE) announced today an update to its 2011 development and exploration drilling programs. The development programs focused on the Company's two major development fields, the Atlantic Rim coal bed methane and the Pinedale Anticline. The major exploration project is the
Niobrara oil shale target in the Atlantic Rim. Estimated capital spending for 2011 projects totaled approximately
2011 Atlantic Rim Development During the second half of 2011, 13 gross (12.73 net) coal bed methane (CBM) wells were successfully drilled and completed in the Catalina Unit, where Double Eagle is the operator. This represents a 25% increase in the total net well count in the Catalina CBM Unit.
Twelve of these wells are in an exploratory area of the Catalina Unit and the Company has a 100% working interest in these wells. Based upon existing well performance and reservoir characteristics, the Company changed the historical well spacing from 80 acres up to 160 acres. Studies done by the Company's engineering team determined that communication exists between numerous wells which were on 80 acre spacing. Based upon these studies, the 2011 exploration wells were drilled on the wider spacing to further support and test the engineering conclusions. Up-spacing allows for maximization of the exploitation of the field while minimizing the capital expenditures. Preliminary results of these new exploration wells are positive and the Company expects increasing reserves at a lower F&D cost. The option to infill drill additional wells in this area remains available to the Company.
2011 Pinedale Anticline Development
Also, Double Eagle participated in the drilling of approximately 16 gross (1.4 net) new production wells in the Mesa Unit on the Pinedale Anticline. The Company has an estimated 8.5% working interest in these planned wells.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV