Gil Luria of Wedbush Morgan wrote in a note on Friday that channel checks indicate that a pilot program is occurring in at least one Home Depot location.
"We believe a full Home Depot roll out would increase PayPal's addressable market by about 35% overnight," Luria said. "Although penetration would start at zero, we believe that by adding value to consumers and merchant PayPal may eventually approach penetration rates comparable to its online presence."
Luria said an announcement from Home Depot would only come if the home improvement retailer decides to roll out more locations.- Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV