Revenue was up 25%. Adjusted EBITDA increased by 26% and our adjusted EBITDA margin was 30.2%, up from last year, despite the significant levels of investment in infrastructure that we have made during 2011. This performance is the direct outcome of the following.
A clear vision of what we are building and an intense focus on the four objectives we set for ourselves this year and relentless execution while adapting our priorities to changing market conditions throughout the year. Scott Key, our President and COO and Rich Walker, our EVP and CFO would provide more details shortly.
As you know, we have four company objectives, colleagues’ success, customer delight, profitable top and bottom line growth, and shareowner success relative to our peer group. Execution of these objectives drove solid results. The foundation of this performance is the engagement of our colleagues in the level of customer delight. During 2011, 97% of our colleagues participated in our annual engagement survey, providing us with a clear view of actions and experiences that most affect our commitment and performance at IHS.
Our colleague engagement score for 2011 was 59% and represents a recalibration of our baseline with a new third party survey firm that offers an excellent set of analytics and benchmarks as we move to a new level of excellence. We have achieved world class performance in a number of important areas including the value colleagues derive from their work and the freedom of flexibility they have in delivering value to our customers. Importantly, we saw best in class levels in impact that our colleagues are having with customers as a result of increased colleague collaboration at IHS in creating value.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV