Harwood Feffer LLP ( www.hfesq.com) is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of Pain Therapeutics, Inc. (“Pain Therapeutics” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: PTIE), concerning the Company’s failure to comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) regulations in the manufacture and testing of a new drug.
On June 24, 2011, Pain Therapeutics announced that the Company had received a Complete Response Letter from the FDA denying the Company’s New Drug Application (“NDA”) for REMOXY. In response, Company stock declined $3.94 per share or nearly 43%, to close at $5.30 per share on June 24, 2011.
On June 27, 2011, the Company disclosed that the FDA’s Complete Response Letter raised concerns related to, among other things, the chemistry, manufacturing and controls sections of the NDA for REMOXY. In response, the Company stock declined an additional $1.37 per share or nearly 26%, to close at $3.93 per share on June 27, 2011.
The Company may have improperly failed to disclose that REMOXY was not approvable by the FDA due to chemistry, manufacturing, and control deficiencies that caused unreliable results during laboratory tests.Our investigation concerns whether the board of directors has breached its fiduciary duties, mismanaged the Company and/or wasted corporate assets at the expense of Pain Therapeutics shareholders. If you own Pain Therapeutics shares and wish to discuss this matter with us, or have any questions concerning your rights and interests with regard to this matter, please contact:
|Robert I. Harwood, Esq.|
|Harwood Feffer LLP|
|488 Madison Avenue|
|New York, New York 10022|
|Phone Numbers: (877) 935-7400|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV