News Corp. (NWSA) is a diversified global media company. This stock is trading down 0.5% at $18.39 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $18.66 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $18.32-$18.6652-Week Range: $13.38-$18.52 Volume: 5,440,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 19,583,100 News Corp. has a market cap of $46.3 billion and an enterprise value of $50.62 billion. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 18.03 and a forward price-to-earnings of 10.93. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 16.9%, and for next year it's pegged at 21.7%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for News Corp is very low at 2.2%. From a technical standpoint, NWSA recently triggered a breakout trade when the stock moved above some past overhead resistance at $18 to $18.24. Market players should continue to look for long biased trades as long as NWSA can continue its current trend above $18 to $18.24. Any future move below those breakout levels with volume would mean that this recent breakout is a failed technical move. News Corp., one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated media stocks, shows up on a recent list of 7 U.S. Stock Picks for 2012 From Addison Capital. It was also featured recently in " 5 Stocks Hedge Funds Favor for 2012."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV