Humana (HUM) is a health and supplemental benefits company. This stock is trading up 2.5% at $94.03 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $94.85 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $91.75-$92.8552-Week Range: $55.68-$91.76 Volume: 1.6 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1.56 million Humana has a market cap of $15.09 billion and an enterprise value of $5.08 billion. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 11.75 and a forward price-to-earnings of 36.46. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 20.2%, and for next year it's pegged at -5.5%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Humana is very low at 1.3%. From a technical standpoint, HUM has started to trigger a big breakout trade today now that the stock has started to trade above some past overhead resistance at $90.51 with volume. Market players should now look for HUM to close near its daily highs and volume to register well above 1. 56 million shares. Volume at last check is already above that level, so look for a strong close to conform that this stock wants to make a run at $100 in the near future. Humana, one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated managed health care stocks, shows up on a recent list of 9 Defensive Stocks to Play and was one of the 10 Best-Performing S&P 500 Stocks of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV