Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of drugs to provide therapeutic intervention in treating human diseases at the cellular level. This stock is trading up 2.8% at $13.59 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $13.66 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $13.20-$13.6652-week Range: $5.06-$13.50 Volume: 1.8 million Three-Month Average Volume: 3.15 million Ariad Pharmaceuticals has a market cap of $1.80 billion and an enterprise value of $1.68 billion. The stock trades at a price-to-sales of 68.13 and a price-to-book of 65.40. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 134.5%, and for next year it's pegged at 19.4%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Ariad Pharmaceuticals stands at 12.8%. From a technical standpoint, ARIA recently triggered a breakout trade when the stock took out some past overhead resistance at $12.50 with solid volume. The stock is now triggering another big breakout trade, with shares moving above some major overhead resistance from July at $13.50. Traders should now look for a sustained high-volume move and close above $13.50 to signal that ARIA wants to trend significantly higher. Look for volume that's near or above its average action of 3.15 million shares. Ariad shows up on a list of 10 Biotech Stocks Loved and Hated by Wall Street's Top Investment Pros for the most recently reported quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV