BioMarin Pharmaceutical (BMRN) develops and commercializes pharmaceuticals for serious diseases and medical conditions. This stock is trading up 1.1% to $36.00 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $36.13 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $35.47-$36.1352-Week Range: $23.09-$35.94 Volume: 225,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 803,464 BioMarin Pharmaceutical has a market cap of $4.11 billion and an enterprise value of $4.19 billion. This stock trades at a price-to-sales of 9.34 and a price-to-book of 5.25. Its estimated growth rate for this year is -120.2%, and for next year it's pegged at 8.6%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for BioMarin Pharmaceutical is notable at 6.8%. From a technical standpoint, BMRN has started to trigger a major breakout trade today now that the stock is taking out some past overhead resistance at $35.47 to $35.56. The only thing lacking on this breakout is heavy volume, since only 225,000 shares have traded versus its average volume of 803,463. That said, price always trumps volume, so if BMRN can sustain a move and close over $35.56, then it has a shot at trading back toward its all-time high at $40. Traders should continue to monitor the volume in the coming days to see if it firms up, and continue to look for long-biased trades as long as BMRN continues its trend above $35.47 to $35.56. As of the most recently reported quarter, BioMarin is one of the top holdings in Columbia Wanger Asset Management's portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV