Aluminum Corporation of China
As China's largest aluminum producer, aptly named Aluminum Corporation of China (ACH), better known as Chalco, has a direct line to one of the largest industrial metal consumers in the world. Because the firm is a completely vertically integrated producer, it boasts lower costs than many of its peers -- particularly at home, where an inadequate electrical grid has made input costs a major problem for margins.
To be sure, Chalco's margins are well shy of those at established Western peers, but Chinese demand for aluminum and rising base metal prices could soon change that. Analysts expect this quarter to be particularly challenging for aluminum producers. Even so, those negative expectations are already priced into shares -- doing "less bad" could help to spur covering among shorts.A short interest ratio of 15.2 suggests that it would take more than three weeks of buying at current levels for short sellers to cover their positions in ACH. To see this week's short squeezes in action, check out the Large Cap Short Squeezes portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV