Netflix shares were rising 4.3% to $90 in premarket trades.
Motorola Mobility (MMI) said Friday after the close of trading that it sees fourth-quarter revenue of about $3.4 billion, unchanged from revenue in the same period last year and less than the $3.88 billion analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected.
The company, in the process of being acquired by Google (GOOG), said the cost of patent lawsuits and a more competitive market weighed on results. Motorola will issue its full financial report on Jan. 26.The shares were falling 2.3% to $37.58 in premarket trading.
Teck Resources (TCK) announced a deal to buy Canada's SilverBirch Energy for C$8.50 a share and 1 share of the new company, SilverWillow Energy. SilverBirch shareholders voted to approve the deal, with 39% in favor. With Tech's 9.4% ownership of SilverBirch, the proposal was accepted.
Ford's (F) sales in China rose 7% in 2011, while sales for General Motors (GM) during the year in China increased 8.3%. Shares of Ford were up 0.5%.
Schnitzer Steel (SCHN) is expected by analysts to post fiscal first-quarter earnings of 23 cents a share on Monday.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel and Kaitlyn Kiernan
>To contact the writers of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel or Kaitlyn Kiernan >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV