SunCoke Energy, Inc. (NYSE: SXC):
- Fourth quarter 2011 U.S. coke production is estimated to be 1,015 thousand tons, up 11 percent from fourth quarter 2010
- Our new Middletown, Ohio cokemaking facility, which began operations in October 2011, produced an estimated 68 thousand tons in the fourth quarter
- Full year 2011 U.S. coke production is estimated to be 3,762 thousand tons, up 5 percent versus full year 2010
- Fourth quarter 2011 financial results are tentatively planned to be released on February 2, 2012
SunCoke Energy, Inc. (NYSE: SXC) reported preliminary fourth quarter and full year 2011 U.S. coke production today. Total U.S. coke production is estimated to be 1,015 thousand tons in the fourth quarter 2011, an increase of 100 thousand tons versus the same period in 2010. The increase in the fourth quarter reflects the startup of our new Middletown, Ohio facility and improvement in our Indiana Harbor operations. Excluding Middletown operations, our domestic cokemaking operations continued to run in excess of 100% of capacity.
For the full year 2011, total U.S. coke production is estimated to be 3,762 thousand tons. The full year increase was driven by the Middletown startup and strong performance at our Granite City and Indiana Harbor operations.
|Preliminary U.S. Coke Production|
|In thousands of tons||
|Other Domestic Coke||838||736||3,055||2,878|
- As previously announced, Sunoco, Inc.’s board of directors has declared a special stock dividend to distribute to its shareholders all of its shares of SunCoke Energy, Inc. common stock. This distribution will be made on a pro-rata basis effective January 17, 2012 to all Sunoco, Inc. shareholders of record on January 5, 2012.
- The Company tentatively plans to report fourth quarter 2011 financial results before market open on Thursday, February 2, 2012, and will host an investor conference call at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (9:00 a.m. Central Time) on that date. This conference call will be webcast live and archived for replay on www.suncoke.com in the Investor Relations section of the website. Participants can listen in by dialing 1-800-471-6718 (domestic) or 1-630-691-2735 (international) and referencing confirmation 31517686. Please log in or dial in at least 10 minutes prior to the start time to ensure a connection. A replay of the call will be available for seven days by calling 1-888-843-7419 (domestic) or 1-630-652-3042 (international) and referencing confirmation 31517686#.