IDT Corporation (NYSE: IDT) today said that its technology licensing subsidiary, Innovative Communications Technologies, Inc. (ICTI), has filed complaints in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia against Stalker Software, Inc. (d/b/a CommuniGate Systems, Inc.), ooVoo, LLC, and Vivox, Inc. claiming infringement of a number of its key patents. ICTI seeks both damages and injunctive relief from the defendants.
"We believe that ICTI’s patented technology is being improperly exploited by many companies, including these defendants. These actions are the first steps in a broader campaign to protect these valuable intellectual property assets," said Howard Jonas, Chairman and CEO of IDT.
“The patents that are the subject of these lawsuits have been carefully and extensively re-examined by the US Patent and Trademark Office and the patentability of the claims has been confirmed," Mr. Jonas noted.
About IDT CorporationIDT Corporation (NYSE: IDT) through its IDT Telecom division, markets and distributes multiple communication and payment services. IDT Telecom’s Retail Communications, Hosted Solutions and Payment Services businesses allow people to communicate and share financial resources around the world while its Wholesale Termination Services business is a global leader in wholesale voice termination. For more information, visit www.idt.net. About ICTI ICTI is a communications technology licensing company, headquartered in Arlington, VA. ICTI’s patent portfolio includes 25 US and international patents. ICTI is a subsidiary of IDT Corporation (NYSE: IDT).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV