NEW YORK, Jan. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Lexington Realty Trust (" Lexington") (NYSE: LXP), a real estate investment trust (REIT) focused on single-tenant real estate investments, announced the following update on fourth quarter transaction activity, some of which was previously announced:
Leasing During the fourth quarter of 2011, Lexington executed 12 new and extended leases for approximately 0.4 million square feet and ended the year with overall portfolio occupancy of approximately 96.0%. Overall, Lexington executed new and extended leases totaling approximately 4.8 million square feet in 2011.
Capital Recycling SalesDuring the fourth quarter of 2011, Lexington disposed of its interests in three properties to unrelated parties for an aggregate gross sales price of approximately $22.7 million. Total disposition activity for 2011 was approximately $160.1 million at a weighted-average cap rate of 7.4%.Loan InvestmentsOn November 18, 2011, Lexington received $11.5 million, in full satisfaction of a $10.0 million original principal amount mezzanine loan made in June, 2011, which included $1.5 million in accrued interest and a yield maintenance premium. This investment generated an annualized yield of approximately 36.5%. On December 30, 2011, Lexington received $9.5 million, plus accrued interest, in full satisfaction of a mezzanine loan made in the first quarter of 2010. This investment generated an annualized yield of approximately 23.0%. Joint Venture InvestmentsDuring the fourth quarter of 2011, Lexington received approximately $7.9 million as a distribution from a joint venture upon the satisfaction of the joint venture's sole asset, an interest in a mezzanine loan. Lexington invested approximately $5.8 million in the joint venture in June, 2011. This investment generated an annualized yield of approximately 79.5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV