In the press release, RF Micro Devices said revenue for the quarter ending Dec. 31, 2011, was $225 million. The company had previously seen revenue of $250 million, and it also said gross margins will fall by 9 points. It blamed sales of 2G components to Chinese-based customers as part of the reason for the softness.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect revenue of $250.2 million and 12 cents per share in earnings.
RF Micro Devices said that it will provide additional guidance when it reports earnings on Jan. 24, 2012.Shares are down sharply in after-hours trading, off 11.9% to $4.97 on 206,000 shares, according to Nasdaq.com. Interested in more on RF Micro Devices? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV