A biotechnology and drugs player that insiders are doing some notable buying in is Siga Technologies (SIGA), which is engaged in the research, development and commercialization of products for the prevention and treatment of serious infectious diseases, including products for use in defense against biological warfare agents such as smallpox and arena viruses. Insiders must see some big opportunity here since this stock is down a whopping 70% in the last six months.
Siga Technologies has a market cap of $146.03 million and an enterprise value of $135.68 million. This stocks trades at a price-to-sales of 13.68 and a price-to-book of 3.22. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 200%, and for next year it's pegged at -132.3%. This is a cash-rich company, with a total cash position on its balance sheet of $12.41 million and total debt of zero.A director just bought 50,000 shares, or $122,000 worth of stock, at $2.44 per share. >>5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar From a technical standpoint, SIGA is currently trading below above its 50-day moving average and below its 200-day moving average, which is neutral trendwise. This stock recently put in a near-term bottom at $1.78 a share, and since then it has run up to its current price of $2.88. Shares of SIGA recently broke out above some near-term overhead resistance at $2.74 on solid volume. If you're a bull on SIGA, you could be a buyer of this stock once it triggers its next big breakout above $2.98 to $3 a share with volume. Look for volume on the breakout that's near or above its three-month average action of 485,921 shares. If we get that action soon, then I would target a run back towards $3.35 to $3.60 in the near-term. I would simply use a mental stop just below the breakout level of $2.74 in case SIGA isn't ready to break out just yet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV