One stock that insiders are doing some notable buying in is Spectrum Brands (SPB), a global branded consumer products company, with products categories such as consumer batteries, small appliances, pet supplies and portable lighting. This stock is down around 11% in the past six months.
Spectrum Brands has a market cap of $1.45 billion and an enterprise value of $2.9 billion. This stock trades at forward price-to-earnings of 9.60. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 36.1%, and for next year it's pegged at 16.9%. This is far from a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $142.41 million and its total debt is a whopping $1.58 billion.A beneficial owner just bought 38,200 shares, or just over $1.04 million worth of stock, at $27.15 to $27.61 per share. From a technical standpoint, SPB is currently trading above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. This stock has been trading within a range for the past five months between $22 and $28.36 a share. The stock is now starting to challenge a big breakout above the upper end of that range with shares currently changing hands at around $28.24. If you're bullish on SPB, I would look to be a buyer once this stock sustains a high-volume move and close above $28.36 to $28.86 a share. Look for volume that's near or above its three-month average action of 169,667 shares. I mentioned that $28.86 level because that's another past resistance price that will need to be cleared to trigger an even bigger breakout. If SPB takes out $28.36 and $28.86 with volume, then look for this stock to make a run at $32 to $35 a share or possibly even higher. Spectrum, one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated household products stocks, shows up on a list of 10 Investments Billionaire Steven Cohen Is Making for the most recently reported quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV