BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- As Mr. Market gives back some of his early week gains this morning, investors are going to be eyeing the data.
The first trading week of 2012 is already shaping up much the same as an average week in 2011: with a couple of steps forward followed by a couple of steps back. A more decisive direction for stocks could come from data. It's Thursday, which means that a slew of new data is hitting Wall Street this morning. From this morning's jobless claims numbers to the Fed's balance sheet after the close, the way stocks react to key data points is going to be a big hint about what kind of performance investors can expect in the first quarter of the new year.
At the same time, we're looking for more technically driven trading opportunities forming in a handful of the biggest stocks.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV