College Football: 'The SEC National Championship'
Trent Richardson, Alabama running back
No. 1 LSU (13-0) vs. No. 2 Alabama (11-1), BCS National Championship Game, New Orleans, 8:30 p.m. ET Monday (ESPN): The key to this one could be if Trent Richardson can break loose. The Heisman finalist was held to 89 yards in the 9-6 loss on Nov. 5, and he's anxious for the rematch.
"Most definitely. ... I'm waiting for it," he told ESPN.com.
No one has rushed for 100 yards on LSU this season.If Richardson breaks into the LSU secondary, he'll have to get past a fellow All-American in LSU cornerback Tyrann "Honey Badger" Matthieu. Alabama leads the overall series, 45-25-5. But let's not forget that LSU will be playing in its home state of Louisiana. Yes, each team gets a certain number of tickets, and yes, Alabama borders on the east. But the mindset of it being a home game will be there for the Tigers, and they have been looking forward to it.
|LSU coach Les Miles|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV