5 U.S. Housing Booms Coming in 2012
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- The U.S. housing market's stormy times appear to be spilling into 2012 -- but a few silver linings are beginning to poke through the clouds.
Market tracker HousingPredictor.com forecasts a 3.9% drop in median home prices nationwide this year, but its annual Best 25 Housing Markets study actually foresees values rising in dozens of locales.
Study author Mike Colpittts says most areas with increasing prices have economies that focus on food or energy production, two sectors that are booming amid today's generally rising commodities values."Energy rich states like North Dakota, South Dakota and Texas are doing better on the whole and make up a good number of cities in the best 25 markets," Colpitts says. "The Midwest is [also] doing much better because of farming." Here's a look at the five cities HousingPredictor.com believes will enjoy the biggest gains in median home prices this year:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV