NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Worldwide IT spending is forecast at $3.8 trillion in 2012, increasing 3.7% from the previous calendar year, according to the latest outlook by technology researcher Gartner. Total tech spending has grown at a CAGR of 4.6% since 2006 and is estimated to cross increase to 6.8% from 2010 through 2015, according to International Data Corporation (IDC). The hardware sector is likely to lead the growth due to the proliferation of smart phones and tablets.
Developed markets in North America and Western Europe account for about 70% of IT spending. At $593 billion, North America accounts for the largest portion of about 37% of Tech spending.
Based on average estimates of analysts surveyed by Bloomberg, these IT stocks have upsides ranging from 9% to 53%. The buy recommendation and hold guidance for these stocks is 75% and 22%, respectively.
The nine stocks are listed in ascending order of upside potential.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV