ADVATE (derived from the complete FVIII gene) is a recombinant FVIII therapy that is processed without any blood-based additives. Because no blood-derived components are added at any stage of the manufacturing process, the potential risk of transmitting pathogens that may be carried in blood-based additives is eliminated. There have been no confirmed reports of transmission of HIV, HBV or HCV with rFVIII therapies.
ADVATE is approved in 53 countries worldwide including the United States, Canada, 27 countries in the European Union, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Hong Kong, Iceland, Iraq, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Puerto Rico, Serbia, Singapore, South Korea, Suriname, Switzerland, Taiwan, Uruguay and Venezuela. Since the initial approval of ADVATE, more than 10 billion international units have been distributed, and ADVATE is the number one chosen rFVIII worldwide.
ADVATE is an Antihemophilic Factor (Recombinant) indicated for:
- Control and prevention of bleeding episodes in adults and children (0-16 years) with hemophilia A
- Routine prophylaxis to prevent or reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes in adults and children (0-16 years) with hemophilia A
- Perioperative management in adults and children (0-16 years) with hemophilia A
- ADVATE is not indicated for the treatment of von Willebrand disease
Important Risk Information for ADVATE
ADVATE is contraindicated in patients with known anaphylaxis to mouse or hamster protein or other constituents of the product.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts