Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. (A&B) (NYSE:ALEX) has appointed George M. Morvis Jr. to the position of vice president, corporate development of the A&B Land Group, which encompasses A&B Properties, Inc. and A&B’s agricultural businesses. Morvis will oversee Land Group corporate development activities – ranging from organic growth initiatives to potential business acquisitions and joint ventures – and will report to Christopher J. Benjamin, president of the A&B Land Group; his appointment was effective January 3. Morvis had worked for A&B in the early 1990s and had recently served as a consultant to the Company.
Alexander & Baldwin Appoints George M. Morvis Jr. Vice President of Land Group (Photo: Business Wire)
“Investment and growth within our Hawaii operations is an essential focus,” Benjamin said, “and George has proven to be a valuable contributor to A&B over the last two decades, both as a consultant and previously as an employee. Over the last year, he has spearheaded two important transactions—our partnership with one of the world’s leading marketers of coffee, multi-national coffee company Massimo Zanetti Beverage, and our agreement with Kaua’i Island Utility Cooperative (KIUC) to build a 6 MW utility-scale solar photo-voltaic (PV) facility on Kauai. We are very pleased to welcome George back to A&B on a full-time basis.” Benjamin added, “The corporate development function within the Land Group will complement our robust real estate acquisition, development and investment capabilities at A&B Properties to drive shareholder value creation going forward.”
Morvis returns to A&B after eighteen years as managing director of Financial Shares Corporation, a boutique consulting firm, where he headed the strategy consulting practice and managed the firm’s Hawaii office. He had served A&B in 1993 as manager, investor relations and financial communications, having started his career at First Hawaiian Bank.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV