On the telecom side, I would point to the fact that we have about 55% share of the broadband business in our ILEC territories. That’s very different than the other ILECs around the United States, which has typically a 40% share compared to cable, 60%. So again, I attribute that to the fact that we’re delivering an outstanding experience to our telecom customers.
In terms of priorities for 2012, we are here in 2012, so let's talk a little bit about those. In terms of priorities at U.S. Cellular, clearly one of the biggest priorities is rolling out LTE to our first markets. We’ll be rolling out in about 24 markets this year; 1,250 cell sites, about 25% of our total customer base will be covered by LTE. And then we will be embarking on Phase II of LTE before this year concludes. So, this is a big year in terms of LTE rollouts for us at U.S. Cellular.
We’re also intensely focused on growing our gross adds in the postpaid business. We’re primarily postpaid. 90% of our customers are postpaid. We are not happy with where we are in terms of postpaid gross adds because we’re not getting those up to the level to achieve net ads in postpaid yet. But we're getting closer and I think that there’s going to be a continued strong emphasis on this during 2012 driving postpaid customer acquisition.
Another major priority for U.S. Cellular is the rollout of our new billing system. That new billing system we’ll have its initial rollouts in the last quarter of this year, and then we’ll wrap that up in 2013.That's a major, major change. It's going to give a much better customer experience. We’ll have the newest and greatest systems on [NDox]. Really, I think there's only one other carrier in the world, I think it's in Europe, one of the small countries in Europe that will be rolling out the complete NDox new system this year.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV