TDS for those of you who don’t know or may not be familiar with us operates in two primary businesses in the telecom industry. Our largest business unit is 84% owned. It’s also publicly traded called United States Cellular, U.S. Cellular, which is a significant regional operator in the United States with about six million customers. And our other business is a 100% owned and that's called TDS Telecom.
TDS Telecom operates as an ILEC, an Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier. It also operates as a CLEC and it is now in the hosted and managed and data center services business. So, those are our two businesses and we’re excited about both of them. Both businesses operate on what we would call a customer satisfaction, a wonderful customer experience strategy.
In other words, we’re not trying to be a technology leader, we’re not trying to be the lowest price, but we are trying to give the absolute best customer experience in each of the businesses that we enter compared to the national competitors; in other words, out-computing them in terms of customer satisfaction.
And I’m delighted to say that as an example, at U.S. Cellular we've been had our highest customer satisfaction levels that we’ve ever achieved this past year. We’ve opened up a gap between us and the closest National Wireless Company in terms of customer satisfaction is measured by Net Promoter Score.We recently received the Consumer Reports award as the best large postpaid wireless company in the United States. And if you look at that issue of their magazine you'll see that we actually scored significantly higher in terms of number of points compared to the best of the national carriers. And in addition to that we won I think 11 J.D. Power awards for best network in the North-Central region of the United States. So, it's not just talk about delivering customer experience, customer satisfaction, it’s an actuality.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV