Abraxas Petroleum Corporation (NASDAQ:AXAS) today provided an operational update.
Rocky Mountain – North Dakota
- In McKenzie County, North Dakota, one gross (0.03 net) non-operated well recently came on-line at rates in excess of 1,500 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Additionally, in various counties in North Dakota, we have elected to participate in five gross (0.52 net) non-operated wells targeting the Bakken and/or Three Forks formations that have yet to spud.
- The refurbishment of the drilling rig that we purchased is almost complete and it should begin drilling the first multi-well pad site in McKenzie County, North Dakota within thirty days.
Rocky Mountain – Wyoming
- In Niobrara County, Wyoming, the Prairie Falcon 3H was recently drilled to a total measured depth of 12,120 feet, including a 4,185 foot lateral, and completed with a 15-stage fracture stimulation in the Niobrara formation. The well has a substantial amount of load water to recover; nonetheless, the well is producing between 30 – 150 barrels of oil per day as the well stabilizes while the load water is being recovered. The well has recently been placed on artificial lift to accelerate the recovery of the load water.
- In Campbell County, Wyoming, the Hedgehog State 16-2H, a horizontal well targeting the Turner formation, is expected to spud later this month. Abraxas owns a 100% working interest in each of these wells.
South Texas – Eagle Ford
- At September 30, 2011, Abraxas owned a 41% equity interest in Blue Eagle, a joint venture between Abraxas and Rock Oil Company, LLC.
- In Atascosa County, Texas, the Grass Farms 1H was drilled to a total measured depth of 13,150 feet, including a 5,400 foot lateral, and completed with an 18-stage fracture stimulation. The well has been on production for approximately 75 days and has produced 7,300 barrels of oil while recovering load water. The well will be put on artificial lift in the near future to enhance fluid production.
- In McMullen County, Texas, the Cobra 1H is currently drilling below 5,000 feet towards a total measured depth of 14,800 feet, including a 4,700 foot lateral. It is anticipated that the well will be completed with a 15-stage fracture stimulation. Blue Eagle owns a 100% working interest in each of these wells.
- The wells recently drilled and completed in Nolan and Coke Counties, Texas are producing as expected and continued development is planned throughout 2012.
- In Alberta, Canada, the Swalwell 15-18 and 2-7 were each recently drilled to total measured depths of 10,100 feet and 9,200 feet, respectively, including 2,500 - 3,600 foot laterals, and completion operations are underway. One well was acid stimulated last weekend and three additional wells await stimulation as a shortage of acid in Canada has delayed completions. Canadian Abraxas owns a 100% working interest in each of these wells which have targeted the Pekisko formation. Drilling of the last planned well in the Pekisko program will be delayed until the current completion operations are finished.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.