Liz Claiborne (LIZ) designs and markets a portfolio of retail-based brands, including Juicy Couture, Kate Spade, Lucky Brand and Mexx. This stock is trading up 6.9% at $9.20 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week of $9.43 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $8.50-$9.4352-Week Range: $4.02-$9.18 Volume: 3.9 million Three-Month Average Volume: 3.8 million Liz Claiborne has a market cap of $864.58 billion and an enterprise value of $1.55 billion. The stock trades at a forward price-to-earnings of 36.46. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 12.8%, and for next year it's pegged at 136.8%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Liz Claiborne is extremely high at 29.1%. From a technical standpoint, LIZ has started to flirt with a major breakout today since the stock is challenging some near-term overhead resistance at $9.18. At one point today the stock hit $9.43, but since then it has pulled back to just above $9. Market players should now watch for LIZ to sustain a high-volume move and close above $9.18 and then $9.72 to trigger a major breakout. Look for volume on a move and close above those levels that's near or above 3.75 million shares. If we see that action soon, look for long biased trades because the odds of a large spike higher in LIZ will increase dramatically.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV