RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., Jan. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ThermoGenesis Corp. (NASDAQ: KOOL), a leading supplier of innovative products and services that process and store adult stem cells, said today that India's Ministry of Health has approved the AutoXpress® System (AXP), enabling the Company to initiate commercial sales of the product in India. The AXP is used for the processing of stem cells from cord blood.
"We are pleased to have achieved registration for the AXP in India and will be working closely with Fenwal, Inc., our AXP distributor in the market, to begin the commercial launch of the device," said J. Melville Engle, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ThermoGenesis.
"The AXP represents advanced stem cell technology and India is one of the largest and fastest-growing markets in the world," said Vikram Karnani, vice president, Therapeutics, for Fenwal. We look forward to working with ThermoGenesis to introduce this important technology to physicians in India."
Engle noted that the AXP approval in India comes as the Company awaits approval of the product in China. "As we announced in October, the submission has been accepted by the Chinese Food & Drug Administration (SFDA), which represents successful completion of product testing and the administrative acceptance of the submission. The final professional review is now in process and we are hopeful that the AXP will receive regulatory approval in China in early 2012."About ThermoGenesis Corp. ThermoGenesis Corp. ( www.thermogenesis.com) is a leader in developing and manufacturing automated blood processing systems and disposable products that enable the manufacture, preservation and delivery of cell and tissue therapy products. These include:
- The BioArchive® System, an automated cryogenic device, used by cord blood stem cell banks in more than 30 countries for cryopreserving and archiving cord blood stem cell units for transplant.
- AXP® AutoXpress® Platform (AXP), a proprietary family of automated devices that includes the AXP and the MXP® MarrowXpress® and companion sterile blood processing disposables for harvesting stem cells in closed systems. The AXP device is used for the processing of cord blood. The MXP is used for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells, from bone marrow aspirates in the laboratory setting.
- The Res-Q® 60 BMC (Res-Q), a point-of-care system designed for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells, from bone marrow aspirates.
- The CryoSeal® FS System, an automated device and companion sterile blood processing disposable, used to prepare fibrin sealants from plasma in about an hour. The CryoSeal FS System is approved in the U.S. for liver resection surgeries. The CryoSeal FS System has received the CE-Mark which allows sales of the product throughout the European community.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV