Occupy Wall Street's Next Big Move
After ringing in the New Year with a bang, New York protesters are currently working on plans for Martin Luther King Day, said protester Phil Arnone, who has been with Occupy Wall Street since the early protestors started meeting in July.
"I think next big one is going to be for MLK day," Arnone said in an email.
The group has sought to associate itself with the civil rights movement of the 1960's since its inception, regularly calling for non-violent occupation. In November, a group of two dozen protesters marched from Manhattan to Washington to protest Congress. It was inspired by Martin Luther King's march from Selma, Alabama to Montgomery, Arnone told TheStreet earlier this year.
On Christmas, protesters also celebrated in part, by reading King's speech "Beyond Vietnam." Christmas also marked the 100th day of the protest.Meanwhile, the park reopened Tuesday after it was closed following the events on New Year's Eve when dozens of protesters stormed Zuccotti Park, attempting to remove the barricades surrounding the park.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV