5. First Cash Financial Services (FCFS) is a specialty retailer and provider of consumer financial services with a market cap exceeding $1 billion. The company operates pawn stores that engage in retail sales, purchase of used goods, and consumer finance.
The company's ROA was 23.55% for the last 12 months, while asset turnover ratio was 1.57. ROE and ROCE for the same period were 27.28% and 36.17%, respectively. The stock is trading at 16.25 times earnings, vs. the industry P/E of 21.66, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
For 2011 third quarter, the company reported 25.7% increase in revenue to $133.3 million from $106 million in the prior-year period. Net income from continuing operations in the quarter was $18.3 million, rising 38% over the 2010 quarter. Diluted earnings per share grew to 59 cents from 43 cents in the year-ago quarter.The company added 21 pawn stores during the third quarter taking total store count to 667, of which 557 were pawn stores. In the last 12 months, the company opened and acquired 88 new stores. In October, FCFS signed an agreement to acquire a chain of five retail pawn stores located in Indianapolis, Ind., at a purchase price of $4 million. The company has increased its fiscal 2011 earnings per share guidance to be in the range of $2.23 to $2.25 from the previous estimate of $2.16 to $2.20 per share. Moreover, it estimates a 29% increase in new stores over total store additions for 2010. In December, the company announced the repurchase of up to 1.5 million shares of its common stock Of the 12 analysts covering the stock, 75% recommend a buy and 25% rate a hold. There are no sell ratings for the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 40% to $49.00 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV