6. Tempur-Pedic International (TPX) is a manufacturer, marketer of pillows with a market cap exceeding $3.4 billion. It sells its products under the Tempur and Tempur-Pedic brands in over 80 countries.
The company had ROA of 27.14% in the last 12 months, while total asset turnover ratio was 1.74. For the same period, ROE and ROCE were 252.47% and 71.14%, respectively. Currently, the stock is trading at 17.51 times earnings compared to the industry P/E of 20.74, data compiled by Bloomberg show.
For the 2011 third quarter, net sales increased 30% to $383.1 million from $295.8 million in the same quarter preceding year. The company reported net income of $61.9 million compared to $44.2 million in same period last year. EPS increased 45% to 90 cents during the third quarter from 62 cents in the same quarter of 2010. Globally, mattress sales increased 28% and pillow sales grew 12% during the quarter.Recently, the company announced its board of directors increased the existing repurchase program by $80 million to a total $280 million. The company plans to add 100 jobs at its factory in Albuquerque and fill nearly 50% of the positions in 2012. For full year 2011, the company expects net sales to range from $1.40 billion to $1.45 billion and sees EPS in the $3.12 to $3.17 per diluted share range. Of the 15 analysts covering the stock, 73% recommend a buy and 27% rate a hold. There were no sell recommendations for the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 38.3% to $76.33 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV