7. Gulfport Energy (GPOR) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company with a market cap exceeding $1.6 billion. The company's principal producing properties are located along the Louisiana Gulf Coast in the West Cote Blanche Bay, Hackberry fields, and in West Texas in the Permian Basin.
For the last 12 months, the company's ROA was 21.70%, while asset turnover ratio was 0.47. ROE and ROCE for the period stood at 27.27% and 31.12%, respectively. The stock is trading at 15.26 times earnings, vs. the industry P/E of 41.17, data compiled by Bloomberg show.
For the 2011 third quarter, Gulfport reported total revenue of $58 million, an increase of 74.1% from the same quarter prior year. Net income rose 130% to $29 million. EPS for the quarter was reported at 57 cents compared to 28 cents in 2010. Net production for the quarter was 545,362 barrels of oil, 196,418 thousand cubic feet of natural gas and 505,270 gallons of natural gas liquids, or 590,128 barrels of oil equivalent.The company recently announced the commencement of an underwritten public offering of 5 million shares priced at $29 per share, with 4 million shares to be sold by Gulfport and 1 million shares by one of its stockholders. Gulfport estimates 2012 oil production to be in the range of 3 million to 3.2 million boe. Capital expenditure for 2012 is seen between $215 million and $225 million. Operationally, the company plans to drill 22 to 24 wells at West Cote Blanche Bay, 10 to 12 wells at Hackberry, 23 to 25 wells in the Permian basin, 6 to 7 wells in the Niobrara and about 20 wells in the Utica Shale. Of the 14 analysts covering the stock, 86% recommend a buy and 14% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 31.1% to $40.00 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV