9. Arbitron (ARB) is a media and marketing research firm with a market cap exceeding $937 million. The company offers services to media -- radio, television, cable and out-of-home -- as well as the mobile industry and advertising agencies and advertisers worldwide.
For the last 12 months, the company's ROA was 25.67%, while total asset turnover ratio was 1.94 . ROE and ROCE for the same period came in at 61.52% and 72.58%, respectively. The stock is trading at 17.38 times earnings, vs. the industry P/E of 149.89, based on data compiled by Bloomberg.
For its third quarter, Arbitron reported revenue of $105.1 million, an increase of 6.1% compared to revenue of $99.5 million during the 2010 third quarter. Net income was $15.4 million, improving from $11.3 million in the same period previous year. Earnings per share for the quarter came in at 55 cents, vs. 42 cents in the year-earlier period.The company expects 6% to 8% increase in revenue for the full year 2011 vs. 2010 and estimates EPS between $1.90 and $2.05. The company has announced a quarterly cash dividend of 10 cents per share payable Jan. 3 to share holders of record Dec. 15. Of the nine analysts covering the stock, seven recommend a buy and two rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 25.8% to $45.67 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV