1. Spreadtrum Communications (SPRD) is a China-based fabless semiconductor company with a market cap exceeding $1 billion. It combines its semiconductor design expertise with its software development capabilities to deliver highly integrated baseband processors with multimedia functionality and power management for the wireless communications market.
For the last 12 months, the company's ROA was 23.91%, while total asset turnover ratio was 1.13. For the same period, ROE and ROCE were 58.82% and 84.22%, respectively. Currently, the stock is trading at 8.66 times earnings, vs. the industry P/E of 25.7, data compiled by Bloomberg show.
For the third quarter, the company reported total revenue of $184.8 million, up 92% year-over-year and 15.4% quarter-over-quarter. Net income rose to $39.3 million from $32.5 million in the previous year's quarter and $19.5 million in the 2010 third quarter. Net income per diluted ADS grew to 75 cents from 37 cents in the prior year quarter.Sales volume of 2G/2.5G baseband and radio frequency bundle semiconductors increased 19.1% quarter-over-quarter and 121.7% year-over-year. Sales volume of 3G bundle semiconductors increased 17.8% in third quarter and 101.1% year-over-year. The company recently announced commercial availability of two low-cost Android smartphone platforms. Recently, the company declared a quarterly cash dividend of 10 cents per ADS payable Jan. 24, to holders of record of ordinary shares as of close of business Jan 9. Looking ahead, Spreadtrum expects fourth-quarter 2011 revenue to be in the range of $188 million to $194 million with a gross margin of approximately 41%. Of the 16 analysts covering the stock, 88% recommend a buy and 12% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 61.4% to $31.65 in the upcoming 12 months. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 10 Stocks With Highest Profitability Ratios portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV