10 Resolutions for Entrepreneurs in 2012
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- It's a new year, and you know what that means: resolutions.
But not all resolutions have to be so big or so complicated they'll never get done. Some can be quite simple, such as improving time management skills, whereas others can take a bit more strategy, such as finally getting on the social media bandwagon. Small-business owners should also use these early days to refresh their business plans and make an effort to, finally, implement some of those ideas you had but never quite put to use.
|It's a new year, and you know what that means: resolutions. But not all resolutions have to be so big or so complicated they'll never get done.|
Late last month, we asked our Facebook followers their small-business resolutions for 2012. Some were on the general side -- like Maxwell G. Mason's vow to "Make even more $$$ than last year!" or Steve Goff's for "survival!" But there was the woman whose intent was to "Get rid of my drama queen partner and keep on moving forward!" and Jeff Lasher's inspiring resolve to "Start [a small business] down here in Silicon Valley!"
Here are 10 other small-business resolutions for 2012:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV