MTR Gaming Group, Inc. ( NasdaqGS: MNTG) today announced that its Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort has named industry veteran Chris Kern to the position of General Manager, effective immediately. Kern has served as Assistant General Manager and Vice President of Marketing at the West Virginia casino since June 2011.
“Chris’ vast experience in the casino industry over the past 16 years has been an asset to Mountaineer,” said Joe Billhimer, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of parent company MTR Gaming Group. “The skills he brings to the position of General Manager will be beneficial to Mountaineer in the competitive regional gaming marketplace.”
Mr. Kern joined Mountaineer after four years as Vice President of Marketing at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi where he was responsible for a variety of rebranding and operational improvement initiatives. Prior to 2007, he was Director of Marketing at Boomtown Casino and Director of Casino Marketing of IP Hotel and Casino, both in Biloxi. His casino experience goes back to 1995 in the Mississippi casino markets for Caesar’s Mid-South Region and Grand Casino Gulfport.
"I look forward to the challenge of the new position and I am confident that my experience along with the great staff in place will be a winning formula at Mountaineer,” said Mr. Kern.Mr. Kern graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi with a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management. About MTR Gaming Group MTR Gaming Group, Inc. is a hospitality and gaming company that through subsidiaries, owns and operates Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort in Chester, West Virginia; Presque Isle Downs & Casino in Erie, Pennsylvania; and Scioto Downs in Columbus, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.mtrgaming.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV