HOUSTON, Jan. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE: COG) today announced that its Board of Directors declared a two-for-one stock split of the Company's Common Stock to be accomplished by means of a stock distribution. The additional shares will be distributed on January 25, 2012 to shareholders of record on January 17, 2012.
"Additionally, Cabot's quarterly dividend payments will increase 33 percent as the Board elected to approve an increase in the cash dividend on a pre-split basis from $0.12 to $0.16 per share annually," said Dan O. Dinges, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Post-split Cabot shareholders will have experienced an increase in the annual dividend from approximately $12.5 million to $16.6 million in the aggregate. After the split, the Company will have approximately 208 million shares outstanding, which over the longer term should increase the liquidity in our stock."
The Company also announced that its Board of Directors declared a regular dividend, taking into account the split, of two cents ($0.02) per share on the Company's common stock. The dividend will be paid February 3, 2012 to all shareholders of record as of the close of business January 17, 2012.
Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation, headquartered in
Houston, Texas is a leading independent natural gas producer with its entire resource base located in the continental
United States. For additional information, visit the Company's Internet homepage at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV