American Equity Investment Life Holding Com Stock Downgraded (AEL)
- The gross profit margin for AMERICAN EQTY INVT LIFE HLDG is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.30%. Regardless of AEL's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AEL's net profit margin of 42.50% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 163.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $20.51 million to -$13.07 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, AMERICAN EQTY INVT LIFE HLDG underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts