Acme Packet Provides Fourth Quarter Financial Update
Acme Packet® (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery network solutions, today provided a financial update for the quarter ended December 31, 2011. The Company will release final financial results for the fourth quarter on Thursday, February 2, 2012 after the market closes.
Based on preliminary fourth quarter estimates which are subject to change, the Company expects:
- Total revenues to range between $84 million to $86 million.
- GAAP gross margin to be approximately 82%.
- Non-GAAP 1 gross margin to be approximately 83%.
- Earnings per share on a GAAP basis to range between $0.16 and $0.18.
- Earnings per share on a non-GAAP 1 basis to range between $0.26 and $0.28.
Based on preliminary full year estimates which are subject to change, the Company expects:
- Total revenues for 2011 to range between $308 million and $310 million compared to its earlier outlook of between $315 million and $320 million.
- Earnings per share on a GAAP basis for 2011 to range between $0.66 and $0.68, compared to its earlier outlook of between $0.78 and $0.82.
- Earnings per share on a non-GAAP 1 basis for 2011 to range between $1.03 and $1.05, compared to its earlier outlook of between $1.14 and $1.18.
- Cash and cash equivalents to be approximately $372 million, compared to $338 million at the end of the third quarter.
“Our results were impacted by uncertainty in the North American service provider market,” said Andy Ory, President and Chief Executive Officer of Acme Packet, Inc. “Outside of the North American service provider market, Acme Packet continued to perform very well – particularly in our enterprise business as well as in our Europe and Latin America businesses. Looking ahead, we believe we are very well positioned to leverage the broad, multi-year, secular growth drivers associated with the global transition from TDM to IP for real time communications like voice and video.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV