Agrium (AGU). This company featured in 18 hedge fund portfolios at the end of the third quarter, down from 21 at the end of the second quarter. Total hedge fund investment in AGU also decreased, going from $410.75 million at the end of June to $252.43 million at the end of September. Richard Chilton's Chilton Investment Company is a fan of the company, as is Daniel Bubis' Tetrem Capital Management .
Intrepid Potash (IPI). The number of hedge funds invested in IPI did not change in the third quarter but the total volume of hedge fund investment did decrease. It moved from $248.33 million spread across 11 funds at the end of June to $167.22 million across 11 funds at the end of September. IPI is a strong pick for Chuck Royce's Royce & Associates .
Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG). There were 5 hedge funds invested in SMG at the end of the third quarter, down from 11 at the end of the second quarter. Total hedge fund investment in the company did decline by nearly as much. Instead, it moved from $156.42 million at the end of June to $109.53 million at the end of September. SMG is a favorite of Ken Fisher's Fisher Asset Management.
>>To see these stocks in action, visit the 7 Fertilizer Stocks Hedge Funds Love portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV