Scholastic (SCHL), together with its subsidiaries, is a global children's publishing, education and media company. Scholastic is a publisher and distributor of children's books and a provider of educational technology products and related services. The stock is trading up 4.1% at $31.20 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 156,000Average Volume: 164,114 Volume % Change: 126% From a technical standpoint, SCHL has started to break out today above some near-term overhead resistance at $30 to $31 a share on decent volume. Market players should now watch for the next breakout to trigger if SCHL can take out $31.65 with heavy volume. Look for a volume move over $31.65 that registers near or above 164,114 shares. If we get that action, then look for SCHL to re-test its next significant overhead resistance level at $40.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV