NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The markets started the new year on a strong note on strong U.S. economic data.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 179.82, or 1.47%, to 12,397.38. The S&P 500 added 19.46, or 1.55%, to 1277.06. The Nasdaq jumped 43.57, or 1.67%, to 2648.72.
Joe Terranova said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show that he didn't trust today's rally. He said he would need to understand what the upcoming corporate earnings story will be and whether the ECB will be buying soverign debt. He also said it doesn't look good with oil trading at $103 a barrel.
For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV