Cramer said the conventional bearish "wisdom" of 2011 proved to almost totally wrong, and he listed his top 10 market myths that proved to be untrue for the year just past. Cramer's market myths included:1. The U.S. will be the worst performing market of the year. 2. The dollar had to go down. 3. Interest rates had to go higher. 4. Oil trades with other commodities. 5. U.S. natural gas reserves were over-stated. 6. The price of gold had peaked. 7. The euro will fall apart. 8. Big pharma is dead. 9. Consumers are spending less. 10. The dogs of the Dow are the place to be. Cramer said that all of these predictions were viewed as facts by the bears> Despite all of their attention in the media, however, U.S. markets finished strong, interest rated remained low, oil prices soared, natural gas reserves grew, big pharma out-performed and the dogs of the Dow continued their decline all year long, he said. So as the new year dawns and hope springs eternal, Cramer reminded viewers that most of the bearish arguments they'll hear this year will also be false. Cramer told viewers that he is not totally bullish, he remains at DEFCON 2 regarding Europe and would still avoid the banks at all costs. But the high-yielding dividend stocks, he added, are still a great place to invest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV