COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) â¿¿ Metal products maker Worthington Industries Inc. announced Tuesday that it has acquired manufacturer Angus Industries for $180 million in cash.
Angus, based in Watertown, S.D., designs and manufactures cabs and operator stations for heavy mobile equipment in agriculture, construction, mining and other markets. It has facilities in Northwood, Iowa; Greeneville, Tenn., and Florence, S.C.
Worthington said in a news release that the acquisition will create a new manufacturing segment for the company, to be called Engineered Cabs. Angus had about $200 million in revenue last year and its acquisition is expected to add to Worthington's earnings in its first year, the company said.
Shares of Columbus-based Worthington rose 94 cents, or 5.7 percent, to $17.32 in morning trading Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV