LONDON, Jan. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Inmarsat (LSE: ISAT.L), the leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services, has begun the process of including its subsidiary companies within a new organisational structure that will align the Inmarsat business more closely to core vertical market segments and continue to support both direct and indirect distribution of its services.
As of 1st January 2012, Inmarsat Solutions, led by Jim Parm, is responsible for Inmarsat's global direct and indirect sales and marketing delivery. Inmarsat Solutions now operates through four new market-facing business units:
- Inmarsat Maritime, led by Frank Coles, focusing on worldwide commercial maritime opportunities;
- Inmarsat Government US, led by Mike Wheeler, focusing on US government opportunities, both military and civil;
- Inmarsat Government Global, led on an interim basis by Ronald Spithout, focusing on worldwide (i.e. non-US) civil and military government opportunities;
- Inmarsat Enterprise, led by Ronald Spithout, focusing on worldwide enterprise, energy, media, carriers, commercial aviation and M2M opportunities.
These new global business units will be supported by a new group, Commercial Services & Support, which will provide cross-business unit services such as customer support, product and service management, channel development, commercial management and marketing communications.The Stratos, Segovia, and Ship Equip operations are now providing their services within the relevant business units, and will use the 'Inmarsat' brand name. Stratos, a global provider of mobile and fixed satellite communications solutions and one of Inmarsat's two largest distributors, was acquired by Inmarsat in April 2009; Segovia, acquired by Inmarsat in January 2010, provides secure end-to-end communication solutions in support of the US government strategic and tactical initiatives worldwide; Ship Equip, which provides VSAT maritime communications services to the shipping, offshore oil & gas and fishing markets, was acquired by Inmarsat in April 2011. Despite the alignment of the Inmarsat group's direct and indirect sales activities into business units, Inmarsat does not intend to change its policy of distributing its services primarily through independent channel partners, comprised of its network of distribution partners and service providers with whom Inmarsat has worked successfully over many years. The Inmarsat restructure is expected to provide further support to independent channel partners through greater coordination between Inmarsat and its channel partners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV