NEW YORK, Jan. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Scientific Games Corporation (Nasdaq: SGMS) today announced that the Company has signed a contract to design, implement and administer its sixth generation AEGIS-Video™ Central Communication System (CCS) for the Illinois Gaming Board. Under the terms of the contract, Scientific Games will provide real-time communication and control between every licensed video gaming terminal in the State of Illinois, as well as day-to-day management of the operation of the CCS and service throughout the State. The contract was awarded through a competitive procurement process, has an initial term of six years and may be extended by mutual agreement up to four additional years.
"The CCS is an essential element in ensuring the integrity, fairness and security of video gaming in the state of
Illinois and we believe Scientific Games' experience and systems technology will help us to achieve success and do so in a timely manner," stated
Mark Ostrowski, Administrator of the Illinois Gaming Board.
"This is a big win for Scientific Games as Illinois could grow to be the largest video gaming network in the country with the potential for up to 60,000 terminals," said Brennen Lawrence, Vice President of Video Gaming for Scientific Games. "Scientific Games has reached a prominent position in the Video Gaming CCS business by consistently enhancing its product offering to meet customers' evolving and expanding needs. This system provides the powerful tools necessary to regulate gaming activity, evaluate financial positions and collect revenue. We look forward to working with the Gaming Board to launch gaming in the State as quickly as permissible in order to begin generating funds for the crucial capital construction that this program will fund."
Scientific Games' Video Gaming group currently manages nearly 9,000 locations with over 94,000 gaming machines globally.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV