Food in 2012: Healthy Eating -- With Beef
LAS VEGAS (MainStreet) -- Last year was the year of comfort food, farm-to-table and tapas. TravelsinTaste spoke to several top chefs around the country to hear their insights regarding what's coming now, and many cited atmosphere, healthy eating and beef.
"In the past few years, we have seen an increasing passion for classic American staples. Think the burger trends of the mid-2000s, followed by a pizza renaissance and most recently meatballs. Ice cream sandwiches and cupcakes are also popping up all over the place on casual and gourmet menus alike," say Bruce and Eric Bromberg of Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar and Grill at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. "There is no doubt that 2012 will continue to bring some new and improved versions of some good old American dishes."
More From TravelsinTaste
|CUT: A Cut Above the Rest|
|SHO Shaun Hergatt: The Financial District Finally Gets Fine Dining Right|
|New York's Best Seafood, Courtesy of New York's Best Chef: James Beard Award Winner Eric Ripert|
Chef Anthony Meidenbauer of Holsteins, also at The Cosmopolitan, agrees. "I think it will be the year of comfort foods," he says. "I believe we will see a lot of eateries moving to a casual ambience and simple rustic foods that people recognize, but of course with some cheffy spins! I think fried chicken will be the hot food."The trends of last year haven't gone away, though.
|An Angus 300 Australian Tomahawk Chop is cooked at Jean Georges Steakhouse in Las Vegas. Beef may be big in 2012 -- although there are some votes for fried chicken as well.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV