Marriott Vacations Worldwide
One real estate operations player where insiders are actively buying some stock in is Marriott Vacations Worldwide (VAC). This company, along with its subsidiaries, is the worldwide developer, marketer, seller and manager of vacation ownership and related products under the Marriott Vacation Club and Grand Residences by Marriott brands. This stock has done nothing in 2011 with shares off by 4.5%.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide has a market cap of $578.43 million and an enterprise value of $1.39 billion. This stocks trades at a price-to-sales of 0.36 and a price-to-book of 0.35. This is not a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on their balance sheet is $25 million and their total debt is $833 million.
The CEO and president just bought 16,500 shares, or $296,000 worth of stock, at $17.95 per share.From a technical standpoint, VAC recently IPO'ed and hit a high of $22.50 a share on its first day of trading. Since hitting that high, the stock dropped down to a low of $15.75, but it has now rebounded to its current price of $17.17 a share. Shares of VAC could be putting in a near-term double bottom here with the stock finding some buying support near $17 a share. If you're interested in VAC from the long side, one could be a buyer off of any weakness and simply place a mental stop just under $17 in case the double bottom doesn't hold. If that $17 level holds as support, then look to add aggressively to any long positions once VAC breaks out above some near-term overhead resistance at $18.89 with volume. Look for volume on the breakout that's near or above its three-month average action of 889,061 shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV