Dow Today: AT&T (T) Higher
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 30 points (-0.2%) at 12,257 as of Friday, Dec 30, 2011, 12:40 p.m. ET. During this time, 180.3 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 858.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,691 issues advancing vs. 1,215 declining with 150 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be AT&T (NYSE:T), which is sporting a 13-cent gain (+0.4%) bringing the stock to $30.30. Volume for AT&T currently sits at 6.8 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 25 million shares. AT&T has a market cap of $177.48 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 2.7% year to date as of Thursday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 5.9%. AT&T Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides telecommunication services to consumers, businesses, and other service providers worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.1, below the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 15.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates AT&T as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full AT&T Ratings Report. .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV