3. Greenbrier Companies (GBX) is a maker of railroad freight car equipment and oceangoing marine barges and a provider of services for transportation industries. GBX will announce its first-quarter fiscal 2012 results on Jan. 6.
Net income for the quarter is estimated at $11.60 million, or 36 cents per share, compared to negative $2.30 million, or 11 cents per share, in the same quarter prior fiscal, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Sales are seen at $399.78 million, an increase of 98% from $201.44 million recorded in the first quarter of fiscal 2011.
Operating profit for the period is seen growing 215% to $25.93 million. EBITDA is seen rising 96% to $34.39 million from $17.55 million in the same quarter last year.Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 77% recommend a buy and 15% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 23.7% to $29.80 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV