5. Monsanto (MON) is a provider of agricultural products, including seeds, biotechnology trait products and herbicides, to farmers. Monsanto will announce its first-quarter fiscal 2012 results on Jan.5.
Net income for the quarter is estimated at $93.83 million, or 19 cents per share, compared to $6.00 million, or 1 cent per share, in the same quarter prior fiscal, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Sales are seen at $2.04 billion, an increase of 12% from $1.83 billion recorded in the first quarter of fiscal 2011.
Gross margins are expected to increase to 48.20% from 44.70% in the same quarter prior year. Operating profit for the period is seen growing 155.3% to $166 million. EBITDA is seen rising 46% to $322 million from $220 million in the same quarter last year.Of the 23 analysts covering the stock, 57% recommend a buy and 35% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 14.6% to $80.70 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV